Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Part-time Job #1

Well, I just accepted a job offer perfectly suited for my schedule and needs!

As of next week, I will be driving a five year old boy to school 5 days a week. The plan is to arrive at his house (<2 mi. away) by 7:00 am, make sure he is dressed and ready for school, then I will drive him one mile down the road to his school by 8:00 am. His parents both work at the J.C. Penney's headquarters in North Dallas so they must leave the house by 7:10. It is his very first time going to school. I'm excited that I get to be the one to take him! He seems like a neat kid. And, I'm looking forward to getting to know his parents as well. They have traveled all over the world with their jobs. The dad is a "buyer" for J.C. Penney's and travels to China frequently! How cool! I just received the phone call about this job about an hour ago and I'm waiting to hear about a couple more. Dallas is crawling with opportunities to nanny for affluent families, not to mention the pay is great! My class schedule is a little awkward though. I've had trouble matching up afternoon jobs because of classes. I signed up with a company called SitterCentralDallas that matches nannies with families who need help. I had an interview with them last week and will be getting certified in CPR training as well as a type of play therapy. This company is well marketed in the Dallas area and is even used by the Dallas Cowboys when they play home games! Thanks for keeping up! More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I loved my nanny position when I was in seminary. I was with the same family for 3 1/2 years and enjoyed every minute. My 3 kiddos were so well behaved and it was a wonderful treat to be part of their lives (the pay was incredible too). So many days I couldn't believe I was getting paid to spend time with these kids.

    ReplyDelete